Terms & Conditions
Practical Information: Care and Maintenance of Vehicle Graphics
The Do’s and Don’ts of cleaning applied vinyl vehicle graphics
Vehicle graphics that are located in industrialized, heavily polluted or low lying areas are prone to damage from the “fallout” phenomenon.
Orafol Americas recommends vehicle graphic owners in these areas frequently rinse the graphics with a mild soap-and-water mixture. For
information about “fallout,” check the Support section at www.orafolamericas.com.
The following practices will help maintain the life and quality of the vinyl film:
• Wash applied vinyl graphics with a blend of clean water and a mild car wash, detergent
• Test any cleaning solution on a small section of the vinyl graphic before using.
• Always read the warning labels on car care products for proper safety instructions.
• Once you’ve washed the vehicle with the soapy water blend, rinse it with clean water.
• Either let the vehicle air dry or use a microfiber cloth.
Indications of vinyl failure can include loss of gloss level, fading, embrittling, cracking, chipping, or peeling around graphic edges.
The following practices will result in deterioration of the vinyl film:
• Do not allow fuels to stay in contact with the vinyl for extended periods of time. Clean all spills as soon as possible.
• Do not use automated car washes, truck washes using caustic cleaners, or pressure washers to clean your vehicle.
• Do not apply carnauba-based wax over vinyl graphics.
• Do not apply any type of wax or polish to matte or carbon fiber finished vinyls.
• Do not use mechanical brush washing.
How to remove difficult pollutants or debris from applied vehicle graphics
When normal cleaning procedures don’t work to remove difficult debris from your applied vehicle graphics, try the following:
• Spot clean the area with a microfiber cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
• Moisten a rag with a citrus-based cleaner and wipe down the problem areas. Immediately after using the citrus cleaner, rinse the area
with a blend of water and soap.
How to properly hand wash vinyl vehicle graphics Supplies Needed:
• Garden hose with standard spray nozzle attachment
• Clean bucket
• Mild car wash detergent
• Soft cotton or microfiber sponge
• Dry microfiber cloths
1. Rinse the graphic with water to wash away any loose sediments, dust, or dirt using your garden hose with spray nozzle attachment.
2. Mix together water and the mild detergent into your bucket. (Make sure the bucket is free of dirt and small rocks as these will scratch your car and or vinyl graphics.)
3. Soak your sponge with the water and soap mixture.
4. Clean the graphic starting from the top and scrubbing to the bottom. This will allow the dirty, contaminated water to drip toward the ground.
5. Rinse the graphic with clean water using the hose with spray nozzle attachment.
6. Once the graphic is rinsed off, allow it to air dry. You may also use a microfiber cloth to dry the graphic.
7. Once dry, for added protection, you may apply a silicone or Teflon-based polish designed for vinyl vehicle graphics. (Read and
follow manufacturer’s directions and suggestions for frequency.)
L & N Graphic Designs
Any artwork designed / created by L & N Graphic Designs is copyright therefore L & N Graphic Designs reserve the right to take legal action as necessary. All artwork remains the property of L & N Graphic Designs until paid for in full.
L & N Graphic Designs can never guarantee that colours will be 100% accurate to artwork, or 100% consistency during printing processes however we do are up most to keep colours constant and as close to the original artwork as possible.
All invoices must be paid within 10 working days, if this violated and customers are in compliant to pay L & N Graphic Designs reserve the right to take legal action as necessary. All items remain the property of L & N Graphic Designs until paid for in full. No future work will be carried out until invoices are paid for in full unless you have authorisation from L & N Graphic Designs themselves.
At this time we do not have a card machine however customers can pay via PayPal by requesting a PayPal invoice (this can then be paid by credit or debit card), we also accept payment via Cheque, Cash (collection only) or by BACs.
Cancellation of Vehicle Bookings
When a customer books a vehicle in with L & N Graphic Designs, and dates have been agreed the customer is committing to a biding contract.
When cancellations have been accepted its on the understanding that processed artwork and origination cost will apply, purchased vinyl may also incur a restocking charge. Customers must inform L & N Graphic Designs in writing via letter, fax or email with a reason of cancellation.
All artwork remains the property of L & N Graphic Designs until paid for in full.
Postage & Packaging/ Collections
L & N Graphic Designs take no responsibility for any damages that may occur during transit - by either the courier or the customer. Any damages must be reported within 24 hours of receiving the goods. All orders should be checked by the customers discretion when received or before leaving the premises on collection orders.